Helping the community is what Radley Village Shop is all about. The shop was established to serve the Radley community and its interests. That doesn’t just mean selling a wide range of everyday items. It also means acting as a community hub – somewhere to pause for a chat or stop to ask for directions, and even acting as a lost property office.
Radley Village Shop supports the community in many ways.
- Community noticeboard for village events and groups
- Grants to local organisations
- Paying for the public access defibrillator outside the shop
- Advertising space in the window window
- Counter charity box supporting a different local group each month
- Donating gift vouchers to local community events
- Collection point for the Guides and Scouts Christmas card delivery
- Community herb garden
New outdoor seating area and community herb garden – marking the shop’s 10th birthday – and providing a welcome rest for a cyclist
The shop’s efforts to serve the community were recognised in the overwhelming vote of confidence it received from those who filled in shop related part of the Radley Neighbourhood Plan consultation questionnaire in May 2016.