Helping the community is what Radley Village Shop is all about. The shop was established to serve the Radley community and its interests. That doesn’t just mean selling a wide range of everyday items. It also means acting as a community hub – somewhere to pause for a chat or stop to ask for directions, and even acting as a lost property office.
Radley Village Shop supports the community in many ways.
- Community noticeboard for village events and groups
- Grants to local organisations
- Paying for the public access defibrillator outside the shop
- Advertising space in the window window
- Counter charity box supporting a different local group each month
- Donating gift vouchers to local community events
- Collection point for the Guides and Scouts Christmas card delivery
- Community herb garden
New outdoor seating area and community herb garden – marking the shop’s 10th birthday – and providing a welcome rest for a cyclist
The shop’s efforts to serve the community were recognised in the overwhelming vote of confidence it received from those who filled in shop-related part of the Radley Neighbourhood Plan consultation questionnaire in May 2016.